Trinity's Sanctuary is wonderful blend of history and modern comfort. The following pictures touch on many of it's beauties.
Stained Glass Windows
Eight stained glass windows grace the sanctuary.
Stained Glass Windows
There is no indication of who designed and crafted the windows. So their origin remains a mystery.
Another great mystery is the tear that appears on one of the angels faces. This mystery is both beautiful and a wonder.
The two mosaics flanking the chancel were created by Frederick Wilson of Tiffany Studios. These rare Tiffany mosaics were donated in 1910 and survived the 1940 fire.
The left one was damaged when the firemen attempted to remove them from the wall. (There are eight different blue glass tiles in the upper right corner.)
Trinity is blessed with a wonderful musical program. The original organ was powered by a water engine. A Skinner organ replaced the original in 1942. The organ was equipped with a new Rogers console with digital enhancement circa 1997. David Lawson has been the Trinity organist since 1977.
The ten bells known as a carillon are located in the bell tower and are played on Sundays, for special events, and on holidays. The tower bells and framing weigh 15,000 lbs.
The Sanctuary includes a beautiful Baptismal Font that is used regularly for Baptisms.
The Chancel Rail Kneelers
The chancel rail kneelers were designed by Billie Conkling and were sewn by members of the Altar Guild over a three year period. They were dedicated on September 8, 1991. The yarn colors complement the stained glass windows and mosaics.
The Sanctuary Includes a Chapel and a Parlor. The Christ Chapel was dedicated in 1992. The chairs were donated in honor of Wayne Robertson in 2015. The walls are lined with plaques documenting past ministers and their dates at Trinity as well as pictures of Governor Jackson and Nannie Ryder Jackson who donated the church and later the Jackson Memorial Building. Special note should be given to the family Bible circa 1892 donated by Dorothy Jean Miller. It is housed on a stand built by Rev. William Kniceley.
The parlor houses former Governor Elihu Jackson’s chair as well as other aspects depicting Trinity's History.